FIBER TO THE HOME (FTTH)
Fiber to the Home (FTTH) is a fiber optic communication delivery form where the fiber extends from a central office to the boundary of a home living space or business office (FTTO). Once it reaches the home or business office, the signal is conveyed throughout the space using copper cable, wireless, optical fibers or power line communication.
Fiber to the Home (FTTH), also called "Fiber to the Premises" (FTTP), is the installation and use of optical fiber from a central point directly to individual buildings such as residences, apartment buildings and businesses to provide unprecedented high-speed Internet access.
Fiber to the Home (FTTH) and Fiber to the Building (FTTB) are sometimes combined within the term Fiber to the Premise (FTTP).
The terms in most widespread use today are:
- FTTB (Fiber-to-the-Building, -Business, or -Basement): With our FTTB,Fiber reaches the boundary of the building, such as the basement in a multi-dwelling unit, with the final connection to the individual living space being made via alternative means, similar to the curb or pole technologies.
- FTTO (Fiber-to-the-Office): With our FTTO, Fiber connection is installed from the main computer room/core switch to a special mini-switch (called FTTO Switch) located at the user´s workstation or service points. This mini-switch provides Ethernet services to end user devices via standard twisted pair patch cords. The switches are located decentrally all over the building, but managed from one central point.
Benefits of Our FTTH - Fiber To The Home
- FTTH dramatically increases the connection speeds available to computer users compared with technologies now used in most places.
- Fiber has a virtually unlimited bandwidth coupled with a long reach, making it "future safe," or a standard medium that will be in place for a long time to come.
- FTTH broadband connections also will allow consumers to "bundle" their communications services. For instance, a consumer could receive telephone, video, audio, television and just about any other kind of digital data stream using a simple FTTH broadband connection.
- FTTH broadband connections will inspire new products and services and could open entire new sectors in the business world.
- FTTH can carry massive amount of information over much longer distances than copper and much faster too.
- Higher bandwidth and transmission speeds offered by fiber-to-the-home is certainly enabling video providers to offer a wider range of products and services, users of other applications that will benefit as well.
- Gamers will get access to more powerful multi-player applications.
- Avenues will open for distance learning and Telemedicine.
- Opportunities for telecommuting and working at home will increase.